NATIONAL SECURITY DIVISION'S WEEKLY REPORT
Mario Marquez, Director
June 27-July 1, 2022
- Staff researched the Department of Defense's decision to end mail privileges for overseas military retirees; research focused on the number of retirees/veterans affected.
- Staff attended a virtual "Securing America's Supply Chains" event hosted by the Center for a New American Security.
- Staff continued to create questions for the Military Quality of Life program; questions focused on family quality of life on living in private housing and bachelor quarters (Barracks).
- Staff researched the number of veteran remains found since January 2022.
- Staff coordinated with the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) to invite James T. Higuera, National Vice Commander of The American Legion, to the DAR National Defense Night.
- Staff completed Bill Review on H.R. 5748, "Childcare Expansion for Military Families Act of 2021".
- Staff completed Bill Review on H.R. 1938 "National Guard Housing Equity Act."
- Staff competed Bill Review on H.R. 8081, "Wounded Warrior Bill of Rights Act."
- Staff researched the percentage of Dual Military couples in the Coast Guard.
- Staff researched organizations that deal with Veteran Suicide Prevention.
- Staff compiled information about National Security that was discussed at the G7 Summit in Germany and the NATO Summit in Madrid, Spain.
- Staff attended an "Oversight of Immigrant Military Members and Veterans" hearing hosted by the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration & Citizenship.
June 27, 2022
- Soldier accounted for from World War II (Alexander, R.)
- Soldier accounted for from World War II (Walker, G.)
- Soldier accounted for from World War II (Jacks, W.)
June 28, 2022
- Soldier accounted for from World War II (Martin, F.)
June 29, 2022
- Marine accounted for from World War II (Ervin, A.)
- Soldier accounted for from World War II (Smith, L.)
- Soldier accounted for from Korean War (Reiter, E.)
- Soldier accounted for from Korean War (Born, D.)
- USS Oklahoma Sailor accounted for from World War II (Hannon, F.)
June 30, 2022
- USS Oklahoma Sailor accounted for from World War II (Stout, R.)
- Airman accounted for from World War II (Wood, W.)
Remains identified in 2022: 35
PROGRAMS (The American Legion Military Surplus Equipment)
- Processed request: Ammo- 49,600; Rifle – 127; Clips – 360; Static Display – 4
- Participants: Post – 44; Department – 38