Scholarship Rules and Conditions
1.Those eligible to apply for the scholarship shall be the child/grandchild, or legally adopted child, or a child of a spouse by a prior marriage, or dependent child of an active/retired member of the United States Armed Services which includes the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserves.
2. United States Armed Services member defined in Item 1. must be a member of Post # 166 in Ocean City, Maryland.
3. The recipient must be a high school senior or high school graduate to apply for the scholarship.
4. The recipient must be accepted or enrolled as a full-time/part time student to receive his/her scholarship funds.
5. The American Legion Scholarship is for undergraduate study at an accredited institution of higher education within the United States.
6. The number and amount of the scholarship awards will be determined by the income derived from The American Legion Scholarship Trust.
7. The scholarship funds may only be used to defray necessary costs of the student’s education (i.e. tuition, room & board, books & supplies, fees and equipment required by the student’s particular course of study or school).
8. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the accredited institution.
9. Scholarship recipient may reapply for the scholarship annually. A copy of the student’s transcript must be included.
Click Here to download a copy of the Scholarship Application.